Tuesday, April 7, 2015

On Wisconsin!

As a UW-Madison alumni it was exciting to see my Badgers make it all the way to the big game.  Number 2 is not a bad run. You won't see any hand wringing here. Growing up in WI, it is a state that loves its sports teams and taverns, putting aside the Brewers which nobody talks about much.  I'm not sure about other states and maybe this was just in Green Bay, but when the Packers are losing a big game a 1-800 help line number would flash across the bottom of the screen.  Bad game days are big days for domestic violence and alcohol related incidents.  I was not an active Badger fan, instead spending my college years studying or working.  I never once attended a football or basketball game, but still I'm biologically and culturally predisposed to say right on Badgers!   

No comments:

Post a Comment